Sunday, December 23, 2012

Elder Issue Answers - Why I Write This Blog..

Someone asked me why I started this blog. I enjoy writing and sharing stories and facts that educate people. The topic of having fine quality of life in retirement is an important one. The number one motivator for me is the story of my folks. My dad passed away suddenly in 1989, and my mom, now 87, has lived alone since then. She gets by on her small SS benefit (about $900). There is no other income. God bless my younger sister who takes great care of her (she lives near by in NYC). I contribute financially as well. My mom simply could not afford even a frugal lifestyle if we did not contribute. Too many seniors I know "just get by". One illness, one large medical bill, one major repair could send them into economic dire straits. 

About 40% of all seniors depend on their SS benefits as their only source of income. Yet many have their "nest egg:, that is their home. That's why I decided to focus solely on reverse mortgages, providing a safe option on how to use home equity safely, wisely and efficiently, to improve or at least stabilize the quality of life for my clients. I also educate them on the many free services that are available to them in their community. I invite other professionals - financial planners, elder law attorneys, geriatric care managers - who gladly share their expertise with my clients, with a goal that the assets don't run out during the client's lifetime, or the health of the client decline.

My desire is to have as many seniors as possible enjoy their retirement, to have the money to eat well, have proper health care, see their grandchildren, not worry about their bills. I have even teamed up with with folks who help dispute and negotiate utility bills and other services, even help people save on phone bills. 

I welcome hearing what concerns you have about aging - whether it's you or your loved ones. Please e-mail me at askflorian@gmail.com. Have a blessed Merry Christmas.

Visit www.topflitereverse.com/florian

No comments:

Post a Comment